Saturday, June 30, 2007

Charting Portlet Added to Project Bevy

I talked about the Project Bevy being opened up on Google Projects in my last post. I did an article a while back on Sun Developer Network on how you could incorporate dynamically generated charts in your portlets and had included sample code in that article.

Recently I rewrote the charting portlet from scratch and added a lot more features to it. Now the portlet takes configurable parameters for getting its charting data. It takes in a user specified ( configured ) database connection, SQL queries and then based on the chart type the user selected displays the chart dynamically.

I have added this charting portlet as my first entry into the project Bevy. Check out more details of it here and download and use it if you find it useful.

2 comments:

adakhole said...

Sandeep, I am very new to Portlet development but really excited about this. I tried to implement the same but not able to run it successfully because of lack of schema knowledge. Can you please explain it to me so that I can implement it and see how it works. my personal id is atulngp@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance.

Sandeep Soni said...

Sure. What would you like help with?
Did you try to access the docs folder for the chartportlet from SVN, that has a index.html which talks about it in good detail.
If you tell me what exact help you need I can help you out.

Thanks.